In order to keep myself accountable, I’m going to post a re-cap each week of the workouts/exercise/movement that I did that week. You’ll see that I don’t always do “traditional” workouts to get in my exercise, but I don’t beat myself up about it! Contrary to what many people think *cough, Chris, cough* you don’t have to be running in order to be considered working out. Anything that gets you up off the couch or away from your desk and moving is great for your health!
(The only way I can stand to be on the treadmill is with lots of distractions!)
- Sunday 6/19: Nada–at least that’s what I remember. I might have done something, but I’m pretty sure I was a lazy bum all day because it was my last day of vacation!
- Monday 6/20: Workout #1 of The Fitnessista’s 2011 Summer Shape Up, found here.
- Tuesday 6/21: We got outside! Walked around Fellow’s Lake, and then the trail at OTC–in the completely wrong shoes, which I regretted the rest of the night and into the next morning!
- Wednesday 6/22: Random walking around Springfield. Nothing strenuous, unless you count the stairs at Hammon’s Field, which I took two-at-a-time every time.
- Thursday 6/23: 20 minutes of power walking on the treadmill.
- Friday 6/24: Ab burnout, but no real cardio.
- Saturday 6/25: 20 minutes on the treadmill: 10 minutes walking (progressively picking up speed to 3.8), then 6 minutes of alternating running/walking for 1 minute intervals, then 4 minutes walking. I also watered the flowers this morning, in between random sprinkle showers.
What did YOU do to be active this week? Are you following any specific plans or just going with whatever sounds good each day?