Good Monday morning! Hope you all had a great weekend!
I’ve seen this floating around the blog world, most recently on Megan’s blog, and thought I’d fill it out for fun.
The ABC’s of Food
A is for Avocado: How do you like yours prepared?
- Smashed up with fresh tomatoes, onions, jalapenos, salt, and pepper for yummy homemade guacamole!
B is for Bread: Regardless of nutrition, what is your favorite type?
- Even though I usually only eat whole grain, I LOVE sweeter varieties: Jiffy Corn Muffins, Panera’s Tomato Basil, and Mom’s Beer Bread!
C is for Chocolate: What is your favorite kind currently?
- Any of it, haha! My absolute favorite though is moist chocolate cake with chocolate frosting, or molten chocolate cake! I love warm melty chocolate!
D is for Donuts: You might not currently eat them, but what kind do you fancy?
- Either powdered and raspberry jelly filled, or chocolate iced and pudding filled. But I stay away from them because I could eat 5 and still be hungry an hour later!
E is for Eggs: How would you like yours prepared?
- Scrambled with onions or an omelet full of veggies.
F is for Falafel: Yay or nay?
- I’ve never had it…
G is for Groceries: Where do you purchase yours?
- Wal-Mart and occasionally we pick up produce at the Farmer’s Market.
H: is for Hot Beverages: What is your favorite hot drink?
- Coffee/espresso. We brew Starbucks House Blend at home, and I add Splenda and Coffee-Mate Sugar Free French Vanilla for pure yumminess! I also drink more than my fair share of Skinny Pumpkin Spice Lattes from Starbucks in the fall.
I is for Ice Cream: Pick a favorite flavor and add a fun topping.
- Does a brownie concrete from Andy’s Frozen Custard count?
J is for Jams or Jellies: Do you eat them? If so, what kind and flavour?
- I only really like Smucker’s Simply Fruit, and only strawberry or blackberry. Please do not try to feed me grape, yuck!
K is for Kashi: Name your favorite Kashi product?
- Kashi Go Lean Crunch.
L is for Lunch: What was yours today?
- Well we haven’t gotten there yet, but it will be a spinach salad with grilled chicken and dried onions, and hopefully a good salad dressing!
M is for microwave: What is your favorite microwave meal/snack?
- I always make my oatmeal using the microwave to heat the water, but other than that I usually just use it for re-heating food that’s already been cooked.
N is for nutrients: Do you like carbs, fats, or proteins best?
- Can’t we all just get along?!?
O is for oil: What kind do you like to use?
- Always EVOO.
P is for protein: How do you get yours?
- Chicken, chicken, and more chicken! Eggs or peanut butter at breakfast, with the occasional beef or fish option one or two nights a week.
Q is for Quaker: How do you like your oats?
- Hot with peanut butter = creamy goodness! Also like them as breakfast cookie dough cereal, a la Fitnessista and in oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.
R is for roasting: What is your favorite thing to roast?
- A mixture of squash, zucchini, onions, and potatoes.
S is for sandwich: What’s your favorite kind?
- Toasted whole grain bread, with lettuce, tomato, turkey or chicken, and miracle whip light or mustard.
T is for travel: How do you handle eating while traveling?
- It depends on the situation. I try to eat as normally as possible whether I’m at home or away, but sometimes I can’t always do that. Recently we were having dinner at my mom’s house, and I asked what she planned to fix. I forget what the meat was, but the sides were potatoes and corn. Uh, Mom, what about veggies? She broke out a bag of fresh brocoli and cauliflower for me! (Thanks, Mom! 🙂 ) I’m the most lenient on vacation, because we usually eat at places we don’t have around home so I tend to splurge and eat what sounds the best, which still usually consists of a good balance of veggies and lean meat. I always make sure to drink lots of extra water too, because something about traveling just messes with my body.
U is for unique: What are some of the unique foods that you like?
- Um… I don’t know that I really have any?
V is for vitamins: What kind do you take?
- I usually don’t, because I eat a pretty balanced diet. I try to take half (they make me sick to my stomach) a multivitamin every night with dinner, but I usually forget. I do eat Caltrate Calcium+D chews every day though!
W is for Wiener Schnitzel: Do you ever recreate this traditional Czech food?
- I’ve never had it–is it like a hot dog?
X is X-RAY: If we x-rayed your belly right now, what food would we see?
- My morning cups of coffee!
Y is for Youth: What foods remind you of your childhood?
- Little Debbie’s snack cakes–definitely how the madness started. Hamburger Helper and Nanny’s biscuits and gravy and chocolate chip cookies.
Z is for Zucchini: How do you prepare it?
- Either roasted in the oven (see above) or sliced like pickle spears and grilled.