I’m happy to report that I was slightly more active this week! I’m making an effort to do something every day, but not getting too bummed out if I miss a day.
Here’s what happened this week:
- Sunday 7/24: 20 minutes on treadmill (steady state) plus weights:
- Single Arm Dumbell Extensions- 10 at 5lbs, 7 at 10 lbs, 3 at 5lbs
- Dumbell Curls- 2 sets of 10 at 10lbs
- Tricep Kickbacks- 10 at 10 lbs
- Hammer Curls- 5 at 10 lbs
- Upright Rows- 10 at 10 lbs
- Single-Arm Dumbell Rows- 10 at 10 lbs
- Bent Over Rows- 10 at 10 lbs
- Monday 7/25: 15 minutes on treadmill (hard and fast, I didn’t have much time)
- Tuesday 7/26: none
- Wednesday 7/27: none
- Thursday 7/28: none
- Friday 7/29: I put on my workout clothes, but never made it to the treadmill.
- Saturday 7/30: 20 minute run/walk on the treadmill
What did you do this week?
This is a recap of what I did this week to get up and get moving! Sadly, since this week was quite busy, I only worked out on the weekend. I did pump some iron this weekend though!
- Sunday 7/17: 20 minutes on the treadmill
- Monday 7/18: None.
- Tuesday 7/19: None.
- Wednesday 7/20: None.
- Thursday 7/21: None.
- Friday 7/22: None.
- Saturday 7/23: Hills on the treadmill—I pushed a button on our treadmill and let it tell me what to do. It kicked my booty!! I also strength trained with the following:
- Stability Ball Dumbell Press- 2 sets of 10 at 10lbs each
- Single Leg Calf Raises- 2 sets of 10 each leg; one set no weight, second set 10lbs strapped around each ankle
- Donkey Kicks- 2 sets of 10 each leg at 10 lbs each
- Ab Burnout: Alternating V-Ups (10 each side), Knee Tucks (20), Side Bends (10 each side), Ball Crunches (20)
What did you do this week to be active?
This week was not a good workout week! I was busy every night, and the nights I had planned to workout, something happened that kept me from it. Lame excuses? Not really, I seriously didn’t have any free time this week.
I would like to note that on four of the days I worked this week, I spent at least six hours on my feet walking around! The other day I spent about four hours walking.
- Sunday 7/10: 20 minutes on the treadmill, with a new personal best for the mile!
- Monday 7/11: work only.
- Tuesday 7/12: work only.
- Wednesday 7/13: work only.
- Thursday 7/14: work only.
- Friday 7/15: work only.
- Saturday 7/16: None (I was out of town for a friend’s wedding shower).
This coming week I’ll be getting off work 30 minutes earlier than normal (thanks to going in 30 minutes earlier), so I should have a few nights to get my booty moving!
How were your workouts this week?
Hey there! Another week down, another weekly workout wrapup for you!
This week wasn’t the best as far as real workouts are concerned, but I did do a lot of physical activity at work—a vast improvement over the amount I was getting at desk jobs!
- Sunday 7/3: 20 minutes on treadmill (alternated walking/jogging)
- Monday 7/4: Unloaded and sorted pallets at work for about 6 hours—I’ll count that as cardio and a total body strength workout!
- Tuesday 7/5: None.
- Wednesday 7/6: None.
- Thursday 7/7: None.
- Friday 7/8: walked for about 6 hours combined at work, plus 20 minutes on treadmill (alternated walking/jogging)
- Saturday 7/9: Errands and laundry—my legs were sore from Friday.
What did you do this week to move and be active? Any workout victories out there?